1976 Chevy Silverado K20 4×4 Truck with 5.9L Cummins Diesel – $2150052K original miles on body. This was a 2wd C20 originally. Bought 2 years ago from a friend of a friend who did a complete frame off restoration 5-6 years ago.
He had bought for his son for graduation and the son drove for 3-4 months and decided he did not want the truck anymore. The truck was driven very little so the owner decided to sell.
I bought the truck with a 454 automatic with a 203 transfer case. The truck had only gotten 6 mpg, so I decided to do a Cummins conversion. I found a ’94 Dodge Cummins 5spd 4wd with 170k miles and took out the motor/tranny and installed into the ’76 Chevy. The motor was honed and reringed with Mahle-Clevite rings. I had to fabricate motor mounts and frame crossovers.
– Had crankshaft and block checked and connecting rods checked (all good)
– Valve job done on head, guides cleaned, new valve seals, new 60lb valve springs
– ARP head studs
– Killer dowel pin tab installed
– New high flow performance injectors
– Remanufactured BD Diesel injector pump P7100
– New 4000K governor springs
– Fuel plate ground to 0
– New Southbend Single Disc Heavy Duty Clutch
– 5th gear locking nut installed
– Advance Adapter for NV4500 to Chevy NP205
– New input shaft to tranny and adapter from Advance Adapters
– Air Dog fuel system
– New aluminum radiator
– New rear and front drive shafts and u-joints
– New front axle u-joints and ball joints
– Warn lock-outs
– New front wheel bearings (US made Timken)
– New front calipers, brakes and brake lines
– New hydrobooster and master cylinder
– New rear brakes
– New rear/front springs and shocks
– New rear bumper
– New bed rail caps and running boards
– Halogen headlights
– wiper motor
– The paint is 5-6 years old and in very good shape, looks good. The front fenders are newer along with the passenger side door.
– Rhino-lining type bed liner
– Newer dash (no cracks), carpet in good shape
– Pioneer CD radio
– Seat is original and in good shape but has a few small tears and the stitching is coming out where duct tape is. Could be an easy fix at an upholstery shop (this never bothered me so I didn’t get it fixed).
– Sliding rear window
– A/C blows cold and works good, heat also works good
– Newer style steering wheel
This truck is very nice looking and nice driving. It drives like a newer truck and has plenty of power. This was a daily driver and gets around 18-22 mpg. The truck is rarely driven in the rain and has never been driven by myself or previous owner in the snow or winter time. The truck has always been garaged-kept. Only reason I’m selling is because I’m moving across the country and don’t want to take. My number is 937-733-3616 in case you have questions. This truck is located 1 hr north of Cincinnati. SERIOUS CALLS ONLY